Natural Balance Cat Food Review 2020: All You Need to Know
Cat's nutrition is every feline parents' priority. That is why various brands have come up with their versions of cat food, and each of them claims to be the best and most appropriate for our beloved cats. In this article, Natural Balance cat food review, we will give you an in-depth review of one of the most popular mid-range cat food available in the market today.
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Natural Balance Cat Food Review
- Natural Balance Cat Food Range
- Natural Balance: How It All Began
- What are the main ingredients of Natural Balance cat food?
- Natural Balance Cat Food Recall
- Our Take: Why We Should Buy Natural Balance Cat Food Products
- Is natural balance a good cat food?
- Where is natural balance cat food manufactured?
- Is Natural Balance Grain Free?
- What protein are cats most allergic to?
Natural Balance Cat Food Review
What does it offer?
This brand is a mid-range cat and dog food product packed with ingredients high in quality. The brand offers a full option of wet and dry cat food as well as for dogs, subdivided into various ranges. These products have a healthy premium ratio to deliver optimum nutrition balance to your pets.
To make it painless and effortless, the Natural Balance has the Cat Food Selection Calculator, which was engineered to choose a diet based on the personalized need of your cat. The calculator will provide selection based on the age, meal preference, and other special needs of your fur animal, which will make choosing the best product for your feline friend easier and accessible.
Natural Balance Cat Food Range
The products of this company are branched into various ranges. To further help you in picking the right food for your cat, we collated brand reviews found in multiple websites and enumerated its pros and cons.
Natural Balance Limited Ingredients Diets Cat Food
The limited ingredient product line was created to cater to the cats that have allergies to certain kinds of food. This line is made with duck or rabbit added with gluten-free and grain-free carbohydrates.
Natural Balance Limited Ingredients Diets Dry Cat Food (Green Pea and Duck Formula Grain-Free)
- Contains 24 - 3-Ounce Cans Of Cat Food
- Grain Free Cat Food
- Made With High-Quality Chicken
- Helps Minimize The Number Of Ingredients Cats Are Exposed To
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThis dry cat food limited ingredient product is mixed, especially for cats with sensitivities to certain ingredient variations. It contains a few components enough to help the cat thrive and support all the adventures of our feline friends prone to food allergies. These are packed with minerals, essential taurine and vitamins, and Omegas to give a lustrous coat and promote the well-being of your cat.
- It is made with premium quality, using duck as its premium ingredient.
- This dry food is prepared with unique animal protein sources that are suitable to fit the cats with food sensitivities, thus preventing any allergy reactions.
- For healthy skin and coat, this meal has limited carbohydrate sources, Omega-6, and fatty acids for healthy-looking coat and skin.
- For healthy eyes and heart, this dry food product is filled with ingredient variations high in vitamins, minerals, and essential taurine.
- This zero-grain Limited Ingredient dry cat food product has no artificial flavoring, colors, or bleaching ingredients.
- Some owners claim that their picky eater cats love this product!
- This dry cat food product is considered pricier as compared to other dry food for cats available in the market.
- Some complained that this dry food product is packed in a non-resealable bag.
Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets Wet Cat Food (Chicken & Green Pea Formula Grain-Free Canned Food)
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIJust like the dry Natural Balance Limited Ingredient product line, this wet cat food is made especially for cats that have sensitivities to several ingredients usually found on many cat foods.
- This wet food is made with a real broth ingredient that keeps your cats hydrated to maintain their urinary health at its prime condition.
- It is made with ingredient variations that are considered zero-grain and has no artificial flavor!
- Many cat owners love that their cats seem to enjoy the taste of this wet cat food!
- This product is made with quality meat.
- This small can is packed with carbohydrates, Omega-3, and fatty acids from healthy skin and coat.
- Like the other Limited Ingredient Dry cat food, this product has a tad pricey range.
Natural Balance Original Ultra Cat Food
This is the premium choice as it contains the finest and highly rated ingredients to sustain the overall well-being of your cats. This line protects the cells of your cat through its antioxidants, it also supports brain development, and bone and teeth growth.
Natural Balance Original Ultra Whole Body Health Wet Cat Food
- Contains 24 - 3-Ounce Cans Of Kitten Food
- Gluten Free
- Addresses The Needs Of Your Growing Kitten
- Aids With Strong Immune Function & Supports Muscle Development
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThis variation aims to provide nourishment to the whole body of the cat. Its holistic approach was formulated with expert nutritionists, with gluten-free ingredients for your cat's optimal growth.
- It has proportionate nutrition that improves overall immunity and neural development.
- This wet food for cats also aids in the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
- Muscle development and maintenance are also prioritized in this whole-body approach food formula.
- Some owners cite that their cats find this not appetizing as they avert every time they offer this to their fur babies.
Natural Balance Delectable Delights Cat Food
This is the best choice for picky cats. This meal could be given alone, or also it could work as a food topper. This product is complete and contains a quality ingredient with proportionate nutrition for our adult pets.
Natural Balance Delectable Delights Sea Brulee Stew Formula Cat Food
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIA delicious treat from the sea, this cat diet is made of grain free formula with real tuna, carrots, and whitefish.
- This cat treat is rich in protein and Omega-6 and Omega-3. The company also packed this product with fatty acids to further boost your cat's overall immune system.
- The company added tasty gravy to make it palatable to our fur babies.
- Like most of the company's products, this is sold at a pricey range.
Natural Balance Platefulls Cat Food
The brand considers this premium quality range as the wholesome meal added with tasty gravy to may it more appealing for our cats.
Natural Balance Platefulls Formula Wet Cat Food
- Contains 24 - 3-Ounce Pouches Of Cat Food
- Grain Free Cat Food
- Made With High-Quality Salmon, Tuna, Chicken, & Shrimp, And A Healthy Blend Of Vegetables And Fruit
- Supports Healthy Digestion For Indoor Cats
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThis product is overflowing with flavors of turkey and duck added with ample gravy for tasty appeal and meal rich in protein. The brand used five protein sources, including broths from turkey, chicken, chicken giblets, and of course, ducks.
- This wet cat diet is rich in vitamins A, D3, B12, and E.
- This meal for pets is made with premium quality ingredient considered rich in protein. The brand used no artificial flavoring and coloring!
- It is available in a wide range of flavors to suit your cat's preference!
- This product has potato starch, which is hard to be digested by our feline friends.
Natural Balance Indoor Fat Cat Food
This product line targets the unique needs of our indoor cats. This was designed to provide energy and all the nutritional needs of your indoor cats, senior cats, or the less active cats. The indoor formula also aims to lessen the hairballs and enrich the health of the skin and hair of our sedentary feline friends.
Natural Balance Ultra Canned Cat Food Indoor Chicken Formula
- Contains 24 - 5.5-Ounce Cans Of Cat Food
- Targets Unique Needs Of Indoor Cats
- Supports Digestive Health & Helps Maintain Muscle Tone
- No Artificial Flavors, Colors, Or Preservatives
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThis meal is formulated with well-balanced nutrition perfect for our feline friends who stay most of the day inside our homes and considered a little less active.
- It is made of ingredients that support the digestion and muscle tone of our cats.
- It has no artificial flavoring, colors, or preservatives.
- It has an easy to open top-up can!
- Some owners observed that their cats don't enjoy the taste of this meal.
Natural Balance Reduced Calorie
- Specially formulated for overweight, less active & senior cats
- Made with real chicken as the #1 ingredient
- Contains no artificial preservatives, flavors or colors
- Easy open pop-top can makes feeding a breeze
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThis unique recipe is specially formulated to suit the overweight, senior cats, and young cats that are less active. It is formulated with 15% fewer calories per cup as compared to the regular Ultra Premium canned cat food to aid in a weight loss of our cats.
- It's number 1 ingredient is actually a real chicken! It has no preservatives, artificial flavors, and colors.
- Feeding is a breeze as it has an easy to open top-up can.
- This cat food is definitely suitable for cats with less appetite as it helps in rekindling their appetites.
- Some people mention that this diet is sold at a tad bit pricey range as compared to other cat meals in the market.
Natural Balance High Protein Cat Food
The company's high protein line features quality meat that was carefully selected to provide high-protein such as chicken, salmon, venison, bison, lamb, buffalo, and also a duck.
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets High Protein Dry Cat Food, Grain Free
- Complete, Balanced Dry Food For Adult Cats Of All Breeds
- Plant-Based Ingredients Provide Fiber To Support Healthy Digestion
- Made With Essential Vitamins And Minerals To Provide Complete And Balanced Nutrition
- No Grains, Potatoes, Fillers, Or Artificial Flavors Or Colors
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThis meal rich in protein for cats is made of grain-free ingredients with elevated protein level sourced from multiple animals.
- This product contains meat from various kinds of animals rich in protein content. It has 40% crude protein, plenty of fat, and a moderate amount of fiber.
- Comes in various flavors: Tuna, Salmon, Chicken.
- It also has gluten-free and grain-free ingredients that are good sources of fiber, vitamins, and a certain level of protein.
- The brand also added several ingredients that can be considered a valuable supplement for our feline friends.
- This product met the nutrition requirements of AAFCO for all cat ages.
- This product is sold at a bit expensive price range.
- Clients complain of a lot of kibble powder inside the bag.
Natural Balance: How It All Began
In 1989, two entertainers Dick Van Patten and Joey Herrick, shared their love for animals over a casual conversation. Their passion for feline animals led them into building a pet food company called the Natural Balance. This company was the first to offer organic and filler-free meals for pets and tagged their company as “Food for the Lifetime.”
Years later, the company merged with the multinational company called Del Monte and was later on acquired by J.M Smucker together with other pet food manufacturers, the Big Heart Pet Brands. The brand is also known for producing several zoological formulas, which are all given to captive animals.
The company gets its supply from various sources, such as France, India, New Zealand, United States, and Canada. The company set up its factories in multiple areas in the United States to meet the various demands of consumers.
What are the main ingredients of Natural Balance cat food?
There is a wide range of meal products for cats offered by Natural Balance. Each of these products is carefully created to meet the various needs of our pets. The formulation used is carefully developed depending on the purpose of the food. Most of the formulas used on their cat diets are derived from high-protein meat and high-fiber vegetables and fruits. Some meals that are not grain-free use potato and rice as the source of carbohydrates and vitamin complex. All of the cat food Natural Balance offers do not use any preservatives, coloring, and any additives.
Natural Balance Cat Food Recall
In 2007, the United States issued melamine recalls to various companies. Many have reported that the Natural Balance venison-based foods cause sickness to their pets, thus prompting them to conduct several laboratory tests. The results have shown that several products from the Natural Balance company contain traces of melamine, which was pointed at the abundant protein concentrates found in their products.
The recall was later on expanded and found traces of melamine on several canned dogs and cat food products. Unfortunately, these products have high protein concentrates, which were not enumerated in the ingredients list, nor the company itself was not aware of. The company pointed fingers at the manufacturer, American Nutrition Incorporated, as accountable for adding such ingredients without the company's knowledge.
All these debacles have led to withdrawing sixty trucks worth of its pet meal products, which amounted to a hundred thousand dollars in compensating the customer's hospital bills.
In the latter part of the same year, the company voluntarily had their second wave of recall. It recanted some of its products due to the botulism outbreak that involved their manufacturing partner, Castleberry's Food Company.
Since the waves of recall, Natural Balance has upgraded its food safety laboratory and added several modern pieces of equipment. The brand established the “Buy with Confidence” tagline, giving their buyers access to the laboratory results of their pet food products. No other pet food company offers this imitable service to its customers.
Our Take: Why We Should Buy Natural Balance Cat Food Products
All the food Natural Balance pet meal generally offers aims to provide balanced nutrition to our feline friends. Although waves of recalls happened to their products years ago, the brand has remained authentic to its guiding principle – to provide food for the lifetime. The company's strict safe-testing program gives us peace of mind that we are only feeding our cats with the healthiest and safest meal they could have.
It is also safe to say that this brand tastes excellent, as many have shared that their cats happily consumed the Natural Balance products. Many also shared reviews that the coats and the muscle tone of their fur babies improved just by eating this brand of cat food.
As a whole, despite the tad bit costly tag of some of their products and a few complaints about the level of carbohydrates found in some meals for cats, most Natural Balance cat food review states that this brand is successful in providing our cats high nutrition and delectable snacks. This is a highly recommended cat food brand, both dry and wet variations.
Is natural balance a good cat food?
Each flavor of Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Cat Food is grain-free and the company claims that it can improve your cat's overall health with single-source animal protein, fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6 (for a shiny coat), and fiber (for easy digestion and more energy).
Where is natural balance cat food manufactured?
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Pet Foods is an American pet food manufacturer with its headquarters located in Burbank, Los Angeles, California.
Is Natural Balance Grain Free?
Limited Ingredient Diets blend is their special grain-free diet, which provides high quality nutrition for your pet with a limited number of protein and carbohydrate sources.
What protein are cats most allergic to?
Cat allergies are usually to a protein source such as fish or chicken. Cats most commonly develop food allergies between the ages of 2 and 6, and must be repeatedly exposed to the offending allergen (for example, by eating it every day) to develop signs of a problem.