Sheba Cat Food Review: The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide for 2022
Is Sheba cat food a good choice? This question revolves around the mind of many cat owners, and the answer is ‘Yes'. It is a great choice for your adorable ball of fur.
Experts believe it is one of the best cat foods you can feed your cat because of its essential nutrients and high-grade ingredients. Allow us to help you with your decision via our in-depth article, Sheba Cat Food Review.
If the Sheba cat food commercial has caught your attention recently, you are probably baffled and don't perceive what is so special about it.
‘It is a premium wet cat food that is available in a variety of textures and flavors. Your fancy feline is sure to love it because it comes from 100% sustainable sources that suit her taste.
Furthermore, it is the kind of food that is complete and balanced with nutrients; you don't need to worry about your cats' health; it will keep them healthy and prevent sicknesses.
Here at FelineLiving.Net we have a dedicated mission to provide cat owners like you with well-researched information so they can provide the best care and nutrition to their cat.
Our readers rely upon the cat food reviews, articles and recall alerts that we research and publish. We also routinely update and review our own reviews ensuring that any changes by manufacturers are brought to your attention.
FelineLiving.Net is maintained by Mary Nielsen & her staff. Mary is an animal lover of both cats and dogs. She and her staff are passionate about animals and work hard to provide you with a wealth of information for you and your cat.
FelineLiving.Net is supported by our readers. If you make a purchase through one of our links, we may earn a referral fee. This helps cover the cost of operating our free blog. Thanks for your support!
- But Why Wet Food?
- Sheba Cat Food Comparison
- Sheba Cat Food Review – Top 5
- Sheba Perfect Portions Cat Food Trays
- Sheba Buying Guide
- Is Sheba good cat food?
- Is Sheba cat food being discontinued?
- How much Sheba should I feed my cat?
- What company makes Sheba cat food?
But Why Wet Food?
This is probably one of the most asked questions here.
‘Wet Cat Food' offers some unique benefits that aren't available in any other food, such as:
- It is great for the sensitive stomach of the cat.
- It helps keep your kitty hydrated.
- Its novel proteins are great for weight maintenance.
- If your kitten isn't hungry, it can whet her appetite again.
- It prevents common kidney problems.
This is just one aspect; there are many other additional benefits too, for example, cats love the softness and taste of it. The delicious gravy compels them to search for the food, over and over.
Sheba Cat Food Comparison
Sheba Perfect Portions Cuts In Gravy Meal (Chicken)
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Sheba Beef Pate Wet Food Tray
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Sheba Whitefish And Tuna Entrée
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Sheba Trout In Gravy Entree
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Sheba Perfect Portions Grain-Free Multipack
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Sheba Cat Food Review – Top 5
Below is the review of the 5 top-rated cat food products from Sheba.
- Sheba Perfect Portions Cuts In Gravy Meal (Chicken)
- Sheba Beef Pate Wet Food Tray
- Sheba Whitefish And Tuna Entrée
- Sheba Trout In Gravy Entree
- Sheba Perfect Portions Grain-Free Multipack
All of them stand out notably and work very well for the health of your cat.
Sheba Perfect Portions Cat Food Trays
This perfect portion is made without grain and corn. It is available in natural juices roasted chicken and liver entrée. Due to its exceptional flavor, it turns your harsh mistress into a happy monster and makes her sing the song of her people.
It has many quality ingredients, but the most common are chicken, chicken liver, chicken broth, guar-gum, and lots of minerals and vitamins like Potassium Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplements, Vitamin D3 Supplements, etc.
Its ingredients also include fish oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols).
If your cat's body weight is extra, it will be perfect for keeping track of portion sizes. Though, bear in mind, this product has poultry by-products meat, which is considered a quality protein source, apart from the chicken liver. So, ensure you are giving one portion at a time only, as Sheba perfect portions have enough proteins. Serving more than one portion won't reduce the weight. Instead, it will put more weight on them.
Another thing that we love the most about Sheba cat food is it is made without artificial flavors and preservatives. For that reason, you can expect premium crude protein in its ingredients like fish, broth chicken, and meat broth.
On the whole, your feline will love this stuff. These Sheba perfect portions cat food will make your cat addicted too. They will start throwing small tantrums if they don't get them with every meal.
Using this product also means less mess.
Unlike other cat foods, there won't be any leftovers. They are in easy-to-open trays and convenient in size. You don't have to deal with messy, stinky leftovers.
- It has many healthy ingredients like broth chicken, chicken liver, meat broth, and fish.
- It is an immensely delicious meal for your cat.
- It is not only for mature, senior cats; this cat food Sheba is for kittens too.
- It has individual trays of a fresh meal, that's why it is easy-to-clean too.
The beef liver and the beef meat isn't included in the ingredients. Its main ingredients, chicken and fish, is not for those who are looking for beef or beef liver as a main ingredient.
1. Sheba Perfect Portions Cuts In Gravy Meal (Chicken)
Sheba Perfect Portions Cuts In Gravy Meal cat food has high-quality chicken as the first ingredient.
Instead of beef, as a second main ingredient, they have used tuna. Furthermore, there is surprisingly a unique addition of whitefish too as a key ingredient. This ingredient has relatively lesser fatty content. People who are looking to reduce the weight of their cat and wish to feed all the ingredients and mainly crude protein, this meal is perfect.
It has two more main ingredients: chicken and chicken liver. The chicken particularly contains up to 70% water. This assists in providing the actual portion cuts in gravy, but the crude protein content and the crude fat diminish when it is fully cooked, as too much moisture affects its protein levels. However, the chicken lever, on the other hand, fulfills the requirement of crude protein and crude fat. It is of high nutritional value.
This is the main reason why one shouldn't avoid this Sheba cat food only because of this moisture level.
‘Sheba Perfect Portions Cuts in Gravy Meal' recipe is made without grains and corns too, which are often in the dry pet food recipe. You can trust its quality and use it as a long term meal without worrying about your cat's health. In addition, the Sheba logo on the package should be more than enough to make you trust its finest raw ingredients.
Even your cat will start recognizing the Sheba logo and always purr with delight.
So, show your cat some love and feed this meal.
- The right-size trays make sure there isn't any leftover food.
- This cat food Sheba for kitten, adult, or senior cat.
- The main ingredient is chicken and chicken liver that is packed with lots of protein.
- Sheba perfect portions are easy to chew too.
- It is a bit expensive and the packaging quality isn't good either.
2. Sheba Beef Pate Wet Food Tray
These ‘Beef Pate Trays' are for all breed sizes.
In this package, you have ingredients like liver (chicken), meat broth, and especially beef that contain many proteins and minerals, such as Iron Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, and Copper Sulfate. Some people believe it is dry food due to the shape of beef pate but it is not. It is a wet cat food and you can feed it to your feline without any trouble.
The manufacturers of Sheba have manufactured its formula by adding those specific ingredients that prevent common allergens. For instance, you won't find any ingredient like soy or wheat in it that invites infection. Second, though beef is the main ingredient in this Sheba cat food, they tried to make it a wholesome feast by introducing the taste of fish.
This is the reason why every cat loves this treat.
So, Hooray for Sheba!
Please be aware that it has guar gum as an ingredient too. It isn't harmful to the cats but some people think this additive contributes to certain medical conditions. If you are avoiding guar gum, this beef pate food isn't for you.
On the other hand, if you have a cat with allergies to poultry and egg products, this beef pate pet food is perfect. This will be indeed become the only food your cat will eat.
In case you are pondering the calorie calculation, this Sheba food has 79 calories per 100g. It is still very less compared to other dry food in the market.
- This Sheba cat food meat has crude fat and high protein.
- It has fewer calories compared to other local beef pates in the store.
- Its quality ingredients are beef, chicken broth, and chicken liver.
- It has a light and delectable texture that cats love on their foods.
- It has a bit more poultry; not entirely beef meat.
3. Sheba Whitefish And Tuna Entrée
Once your cat tastes this special fish meat, he won't touch anything else.
The ingredients in this Sheba cat food are sure to satisfy even the pickiest appetite. It doesn't matter whether you fancy feline is a kitten or a senior cat, the seafood soft pate entree in this product is truly enticing. All kinds of cats love the meat quality in it. The sound they make while chewing it makes you realize how much perfect snack this is for them.
The ingredients include chicken broth and chicken liver, which are the essence and main ingredients of Sheba Company, but this time we see the addition of Whitefish and Salmon.
Both ingredients add music to the taste buds of cats and give them the protein they need to stay healthy. For example, the Potassium Chloride, which they receive from the meat of Sheba, Salmon, Whitefish, and Tuna Entrée, is needed for many functions of their body.
Experts believe having this mineral in the Sheba cat food line of ingredients means better fluid balance.
It balances the fluid by equalizing electrolyte concentrations and improves the heart and kidney conditions. In addition, it also helps regulate muscle contractions, heartbeat, and reflexes. Though we feel this mineral is used as a flavor enhancer too in this meat pate. This is the reason why felines are fully satisfied after relishing this treat.
Apart from this, this delicious meat pate with salmon, whitefish, and tuna taste, has two key supplements as well – Vitamin E Supplement and Vitamin D3 Supplement.
Both of these supplements provide immense benefits; they prevent heart disease in pets, support immune function, and lower the risk of infection too that causes cancer. Also, they play an important role in maintaining healthy bones.
- This seafood meat pate has many delicious ingredients like salmon.
- It is made without corn, wheat, and grains.
- There are no artificial flavors or preservatives in the meat.
- It is easy to serve too; just snap, peel, and serve.
- It contains other types of meat too that aren't included in the dish name.
4. Sheba Trout In Gravy Entrée
My Lucy loves this flavor the most.
After assessing all the ingredients and the meat quality of this trout in gravy products, we must say it offers full and balanced nutrition for all life stages. Before we talk about the ingredients of this meal, it is pertinent to say that the manufacturers of this recipe-focused more on the taste. Serve it once and you will see how it satisfies your kitty's cravings for the taste of delicious meat, again and again. You might have seen the leftovers that your kitten refuses to eat, but this is something they won't avoid and finish it with unbounded enthusiasm.
But why trout? We perceive this question is probably compelling you to think about why one should opt for it if there are other great meat products on our list. Well, the reason is, apart from providing health benefits and delicious taste, it also provides proper hydration for your feline friend, which is possible in the gravy foods like this only.
There is no harm in feeding this Sheba cat food to pregnant and nursing cats too.
Its main ingredient is trout, which is also the best-selling feature of this product. It is packed with omega-3 fatty acids and has more than 60 percent moisture. This high moisture level also facilitates in preparing the natural, gravy meat that doesn't lose its taste.
The second main ingredient is chicken liver. It is the most common ingredient in cat food. The addition of this excellent organ meat ensures that your kitten is getting all the high-quality protein and fat which is required for growth and good health.
- It offers high-quality protein to meet the nutritional levels.
- The main meat source is trout, chicken, and chicken liver.
- This delectable food is also made without grain.
- It has a flavor of fish oil too that all cats really love.
- Artificial colors are used in this meat product.
5. Sheba Perfect Portions Grain-Free Multi-pack
This best selling variety pack from Sheba includes chicken, salmon and turkey flavors. All entrees feature a morsels that are tender and meaty in tasty gravy and contain all essential minerals and vitamins your kitty needs. These products are totally grain-free, no wheat, corn, soy or any artificial preservatives and flavoring included in the process. It also come in a convenient snap and peel twin packs that will allow you to give your cat the right amount with no left overs. Your beloved feline will be getting a new flavor everyday in this variety pack!
- Lets you feed a fresh food every meal
- Grain free
- Case comes with 24 2.64-oz. twin pack trays for 48 total servings
- Each twin pack contains two 1.32-oz. servings of chicken, salmon or turkey in gravy
- In individual trays that snap and peel open easily
- Formula has been changed
- Packaging difficult to open
Sheba Buying Guide
When it comes to cats, it is important to buy food that is healthy.
Foods that look delicious but don't offer good nutrition aren't easy to digest. They are often made with chemical preservatives to lure your small tiger. Therefore, it is pertinent to choose the perfect cat foods that have no artificial preservatives and can eliminate veterinary expenses.
Here are some tips to make your decision process easier in choosing the perfect food.
- Basic Nutritional Needs: Ensure that the cat food you are buying offers the basic nutritional need. Most people look at meat quality as the main ingredient. They think if there is meat, there is protein. This is true in a way, but the food should have some other ingredients too, such as, ‘Taurine'. It promotes a healthy metabolism, protects the muscles, and improves the markers of diabetes. We believe it should be included in every meat product. Besides, water is another significant element in Sheba food that assists in making gravy and keeps the food in perfect condition.
- Good Safety Record: Does it have a good safety record? If the cat food you are buying doesn't have a good safety record or it has some specific type of meat that is not good for the health of your feline, avoid it! Recently there is more concern about the additives which companies are using in their food. They are going the extra mile to build their own independent taste to dominate the market, however, this race can be dangerous as it is compelling them to compromise the quality of the meat and use those substances that aren't perfect. Fortunately, Sheba Company cares about the safety record and uses healthy and fresh meat only like chicken, beef, and fish to match the affection level of the cats.
- Cats With Food Allergies: Cats can have allergies too. Sometimes the allergies are so severe that they can cause death. Though Sheba cat food is the best and has the kind of meat that a feline loves, if it isn't showing any interest in the food, stop serving it. Its meat or some other ingredient is probably affecting her health. The best option you have is to change the meat kind. If you are serving chicken, start serving the beef pate instead. If she loves beef, more than the chicken, it is good. Otherwise, you need to change the brand. There is one more thing you must keep in mind; some people try to serve non-meat protein and think it is better than the meat protein, however, this isn't an established fact. It can cause inflammation and nutritional deficiencies. The best protein is always found in actual meat.
- Avoid Artificial Food: Food isn't entirely artificial but companies use some artificial additives to enhance the taste of their food. For instance, to make the meat more delicious, they use artificial preservatives like BHA, BHT, and ethoxyquin. They make the meat delicious and provide the protein your feline friend needs, though at the same time the overall quality of the cat food is compromised. Another good rule to remember is fewer ingredients mean better food quality. It offers plenty of what your cat actually requires and it doesn't cause health troubles too. Other than that, be wary of trendy hype words. If you see lots of those words in the ingredient list that you don't recognize, they are artificial preservatives and other junk.
Cats rule the world, and Sheba cat food rules the cats.
It is a great solution for all those who have a busy schedule but also want to make sure their kitty doesn't starve. We believe it is better than feeding raw food. Since raw food gives a specific kind of protein and nutrients that are obtained from the animal tissue.
On the contrary, Sheba cat food is much healthier and has all the proteins and nutrients that are essential for a cat's digestive system. Moreover, it is always ready to serve; there is no need to prepare it.
Is Sheba good cat food?
Yes, it is. Sheba foods often get a five-stars rating. These ratings prove that the main customer of this brand is utterly satisfied and recommend it to other cat owners too. If you have tried other brands, we guarantee, you will love it too. There are indeed lots of reviews that you can read online and see why it is irresistible for cats and their owners.
Is Sheba cat food being discontinued?
No, it is not discontinued. The problem is the reviews you see online about this brand promote often those products that aren't available in online stores like Amazon. However, if you directly contact the Sheba company, they can send it to you. They are indeed loading their food packages, day after day, and sending them to their customers directly, rather than counting on the online stores.
How much Sheba should I feed my cat?
If some cat food is named Sheba, there is no need to worry about the quantity you should be feeding to your cat. They give relevant information about it on their product page. Usually, three portions of Sheba, twice daily, is the ideal diet, and experts recommend it too.
What company makes Sheba cat food?
Mars Inc. is the real manufacturer of Sheba cat food. This company has more than 15 manufacturing facilities in the U.S. They don't just provide the pet food, but also offer animal care service. This is the same company that is behind your favorite Snickers, M&Ms, and Milky Way Magic Stars. Therefore, you can trust the quality of the food also which they provide for your cat.