7 Best Litter Box Furniture: 2021 Buyer’s Guide and Reviews
Finding the perfect litter box for your cats can be quite a challenge. You get to consider many factors and make sure that whatever you’d pick would make your pets feel utterly comfortable in doing their business.
Now, finding the best litter box furniture out there? That’s another thing, but we’re here to help you out. Giving your feline friends the right level of comfort does not mean that you have to deal with the ugly sight of litter mess in your house every day.
Yes, covered litter containers or a litter box cover sometimes solve this issue. But you have to admit that this type of litter box still looks like none other than a fancier litter box.
Enter the cat litter box furniture.
A fusion between an ordinary litter container and a piece of functional furniture, a litter box furniture gives you the best of both worlds. It is a fantastic solution that helps keep your house clean and free of litter eyesore while your adorable kitty is still comfortable, protected, and satisfied.
Here at FelineLiving.Net we have a dedicated mission to provide cat owners like you with well-researched information so they can provide the best care and nutrition to their cat.
Our readers rely upon the cat food reviews, articles and recall alerts that we research and publish. We also routinely update and review our own reviews ensuring that any changes by manufacturers are brought to your attention.
FelineLiving.Net is maintained by Mary Nielsen & her staff. Mary is an animal lover of both cats and dogs. She and her staff are passionate about animals and work hard to provide you with a wealth of information for you and your cat.
- Recommended Cat Litter Box Furniture
- Review of the Best Litter Box Furniture
- 1. Good Pet Stuff Plant Hidden Litter Box
- 2. Merry Pet Cat Washroom Night Stand
- 3. New Age Pet ecoFLEX Litter Loo and End Table
- 4. Merry Products Designer Cat Washroom Storage Bench
- 5. Petsfit Double-Decker Pet House Litter Box Enclosure
- 6. Refined Cat Wooden Litter Box Enclosure
- 7. Petsfit Pet House and Cat Litter Box Enclosure
- Best Litter Box Furniture: Buyer’s Guide
- What type of litter box should I use in an enclosure?
- Do cats like litter a box enclosure?
- Where should I put the litter box in my house?
- Do cats use hidden litter boxes?
Recommended Cat Litter Box Furniture
Good Pet Stuff Plant Hidden Litter Box
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Merry Pet Cat Washroom Night Stand
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
New Age Pet ecoFLEX Litter Loo and End Table
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Merry Products Designer Cat Washroom Storage Bench
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Petsfit Double-Decker Pet House Litter Box
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Refined Cat Wooden Litter Box
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Petsfit Cat Litter Box Enclosure
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Review of the Best Litter Box Furniture
- Good Pet Stuff Plant Hidden Litter Box
- Merry Pet Cat Washroom Night Stand
- New Age Pet ecoFLEX Litter Loo and End Table
- Merry Products Designer Cat Washroom Storage Bench
- Petsfit Double-Decker Pet House Litter Box
- Refined Cat Wooden Litter Box
- Petsfit Cat Litter Box Enclosure
Are you looking for a litter box enclosure for your fur babies that functions just as great as a standard litter container but looks so decorative and stylish? We scoured the web and summarized below the best of the best litter box furniture that you can use for your pets while keeping your home decor on point. Learn about their exciting features and why cat owners love them.
1. Good Pet Stuff Plant Hidden Litter Box
The Good Pet Stuff Plant Hidden Litter Box tops the list of our best cat litter box enclosures. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing, but it also is the kind that fits even a large cat. It suits multi-cat households, too. It measures 19” in diameter, 64” in circumference, and 42” in height (20 inches tall without the plant).
This product doubles as a home decoration with its unique litter pan design. Looking like a simple plant clay pot with a beautiful-looking plant, dust filter, and decorative moss from the outside, it features a hidden litter box right at the base. Therefore, it’s like getting two products in a unit!
This Plant Hidden Litter Box from Good Pet Stuff is made of durable polypropylene construction with a filtered vented system that helps manage odor and dust from the litter. Hence, the smell is a thing you’d have to worry less about.
- It is roomy. It could fit even large felines.
- It offers a creative way to conceal your cat’s litter container.
- It doubles as lovely home decor as a plant accent.
- This item has a high entry that helps contain kicked litter.
- This product from Good Pet Stuff is cheaper than most litter box furniture in the market.
- The plastic material accumulates smell over time, but this can be resolved by using deodorizers.
- Cats tend to chew on or play with the fake grass that comes with the product.
- Although this cat furniture is relatively easy to clean, removing and placing the top back every cleaning can be annoying.
If you like adding a touch of greenery in your interior design, then the Good Pet Stuff Plant Hidden Litter Box is your best option.
Although some buyers reported a few minor flaws, the functionality of this product can be maximized with a quick and easy fix. Further, if you think that constant re-assembling of this product after every cleaning is not too much of an added task, then this one’s a good match for you.
2. Merry Pet Cat Washroom Night Stand
The Cat Washroom Night Stand from Merry Pet Cat features a functional fiberboard wood design that your cats will love. Made with wainscoting paneling details, stainless-steel hardware, and a handy towel bar that attaches to either side, it suits in your bathroom as an accent end table, in your bedroom as a nightstand, or in your living area as a side table.
But do not be deceived by this pet furniture’s attractive look. Inside its magnetic door is ample space that can accommodate your cat’s litter box. Just add your trusted litter container to transform it into a low-key washroom for your cats.
This product can also be used as a sleeping area for your cats or small dogs. Just add your pet’s sleeping bed instead of a litter pan.
This litter box enclosure measures 20” in length, 18” in width, and 25” in height.
- It offers multiple color options from black to espresso, glossy white, walnut, and white.
- An attractive alternative to a litter pan as it looks like regular furniture.
- The magnetic door opens wide and shuts tight, which makes it easy to clean.
- It is easy to assemble.
- More expensive than a traditional litter container.
- You have to get a separate litter box for this furniture.
- It is not waterproof.
The Merry Pet Cat Washroom Night Stand is a practical and versatile litter box furniture. You can use it either as a hidden litter box for your cats or as a sleeping area for your cat or small dog. Adding more value is the multiple color options that buyers could choose from.
3. New Age Pet ecoFLEX Litter Loo and End Table
Available in two sizes (Standard and Jumbo) and many colors, the ecoFLEX Litter Loo and End Table litter box furniture from New Age Pet is a favorite of many for its stylish look and amazing features.
This product functions as a decorative end table for your home and, at the same time, keeps unsightly litter out of sight. It features a flip-down door front entry for easy access, which makes it easy to clean. Since it is made from eco-friendly and recycled materials that never retain moisture, it helps eliminate the odor when your cat has an accident.
The Standard size, which can fit standard litter boxes, measures 23.6” (L) x 18.5” (W) x 22.0” (H), with an interior of 21.0” (L) x 15.7” (W) x 14.0” (H).
The Jumbo size is much bigger and can accommodate self-cleaning litter boxes. It has an exterior of 30.0” (L) x 24.0” (W) x 28.9” and interior of 30.0” (L) x 24.0” (W) x 28.9” (H). For both sizes, the door measures 7.9” (W) x 7.9” (H).
The recommended litter box size for the Standard size of this product is 19” x 16”. For the Jumbo size, a 26” x 20” litter box will do the trick.
- This Litter Loo looks nice. It is available in four colors (Antique White, Grey, Espresso Black, and Russet Brown), so you have options to pick one that suits the rest of your furniture pieces best.
- Two sizes are available: standard and jumbo.
- It is made of ecoFLEX, a durable and non-composite material that does not absorb urine. Hence, eliminating odor.
- The front entry is a flip-down type for easy access and easy cleaning.
- It is easy to assemble, no tools required.
- The sealed floor design prevents leak.
- Litter could spill through the side openings if your cat loves kicking litter.
- The door may be too high for older or disabled cats.
- Small scratches on the panels may be expected.
Getting the ecoFLEX Litter Loo from New Age Pet is like having two products rolled into one. It helps keep your litter box hidden away while it functions as a typical piece of furniture in your living area.
If your cat doesn’t have frequent urination “accidents,” then this one may suit you and your cat’s needs. Otherwise, you may have to use protection at the bottom of the unit like urine pads or a waterproof sealant.
4. Merry Products Designer Cat Washroom Storage Bench
The Designer Cat Washroom Storage Bench from unipaws is one of the best in this category that is made from sturdy wood material. It is easy to assemble, and it fits most of the litter boxes in the market.
This cat washroom bench is a stylish and modern piece of furniture that blends well with the rest of your home decoration. It keeps unsightly litter boxes hidden away while it doubles as a beautiful nightstand, end table, or cat house. Multiple colors are available, including Espresso, Gray, and White.
Also featured is a wide top space that you’re free to use for whatever purpose. Organize your cat gears, magazines, towels, etc. This litter box enclosure measures 29.61” (W) x 21.26” (D) x 20.24” (H). Interior dimensions are 18.94” (W) x 18.78” (D) x 16.62” (H); 7.87” (W) x 18.78” (D) x 16.62” (H).
A cat’s litter box should not be greater than 18.5” both in length and width to fit in this cat litter box enclosure.
- It is a multi-functional litter box enclosure.
- The material is made of durable solid wood with metal hinges and magnetic touch design.
- It gives your cats privacy.
- It features magnetic doors for easy access and easy cleaning.
- The inner portion of the cabinet is spacious enough to fit most litter pans.
- The internal panel is removable to accommodate a larger litter box.
- It is sturdy and reliable.
- Some users report that an unpleasant gassy odor emanates from the product upon assembly. But it goes away immediately, especially if you place it in a well-ventilated area.
Aside from its stylish exteriors, multi-functional is one of the best features of the Designer Cat Washroom Storage Bench.
If you like a multi-purpose and spacious litter box enclosure that can hold more things on its top space, then this product can give you that. It accommodates standard litter box sizes. But with a removable panel as a partition, even larger litter pans could fit in it.
5. Petsfit Double-Decker Pet House Litter Box Enclosure
The Double-Decker Pet House Litter Box Enclosure and Night Stand from Petsfit is also one of the best in this category that features a double-deck design.
It is made of MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard) and pinewood and painted with non-toxic nitro lacquer paint. A pawprints design highlights the bottom part, while a front entry hole dons the top section.
This multi-functional litter box enclosure is available in two colors: white and espresso. It can be used as a pet house as well and as a nightstand or end table in your home. Since it has two stories, it can house up to two cats.
Suitable for small to medium cats, the Double-Decker Pet House Litter Box Enclosure measures 35” tall from top to bottom. The lower section of this unit measures 19” x 22” x 17” while the entry hole measures 7.5” x 7.5”.
- Like other litter box enclosures in this list, it is easy to assemble with pre-drill holes.
- The door features a latch to keep it secured.
- Most cats love using this immediately.
- It helps minimize the mess from litter kicking.
- This litter box enclosure is tall enough to fit litter boxes for high peeing cats.
- This stylish cat furniture is an excellent piece for small spaces or small apartments. It does the job of hiding a cat’s litter box.
- Only two color options are available for this litter box enclosure.
- Bigger cats may not fit inside this litter box furniture.
- It is more expensive than the majority of cat litter box furniture in the market.
- Some users report quality control issues with their items.
The Petsfit Double-Decker Pet House Litter Box Enclosure is perfect for cat owners who have been looking for a two-story litter box furniture that looks like a real piece of furniture and helps keep the sight of their cat’s litter hidden away.
It’s a multi-functional product that offers two color options. Although spacious enough for small to medium cats, it could be too cramped for bigger feline friends.
6. Refined Cat Wooden Litter Box Enclosure
This refined litter box enclosure from The Refined Feline is a discrete solution to answer your cat’s litter box woes. This wood cabinet features an internal plastic litter liner with high walls, a top storage drawer, and reversible walls for left or right entry.
The Refined Cat Litter Box – Wooden Litter Box Enclosure is constructed in ply with oak veneer. It is available in three colors (espresso, mahogany, and smoke) and two sizes (large and extra-large). The large size fits most large and jumbo plastic trays, while the extra-large size fits many automatic litter boxes.
Also featured in the back of the wood cabinet are dual carbon filters, which help trap and neutralize unpleasant odor.
- It fits the majority of litter trays, including automatic litter trays.
- The design of this wood cabinet litter box furniture hides any refined litter.
- The sidewalls are interchangeable.
- It features an internal plastic liner for easy cleaning.
- There is a storage drawer behind the cabinet doors.
- It helps trap and neutralize odors.
- This refined litter box is relatively expensive than most litter box enclosures from other brands. However, the majority of cat owners who bought this product said that it is well worth the money.
Indeed a winner, the Refined Cat Litter Box – Wooden Litter Box Enclosure may look just like any other regular cabinet. Still, it does its discreet job of entirely concealing unsightly litter mess.
It is made from solid wood with interchangeable sidewalls, an internal plastic liner, a storage drawer, and dual carbon filters. Best if used with a wood litter catch, litter tray, and odor-absorbing carbon sheets.
7. Petsfit Pet House and Cat Litter Box Enclosure
Another highly recommended cat litter box furniture is the Pet House and Cat Litter Box Enclosure Nightstand, also from Petsfit. It is a piece of multi-purpose pet furniture that can be used either as a pet house or a litter enclosure.
Like most items in this guide, this product is quick and easy to assemble. It also functions as an excellent end table in your home, especially since it offers enough space at the top for your stuff and decorating materials. A latch holds the door shut and keeps your feline friends from escaping.
This litter box furniture has an inner dimension of 17.7” L x 21.6” deep x 19.3” H. The door measures 7.5” x 7.5”. Its compact size only means that it isn’t big enough to accommodate big litter pans and self-cleaning litter boxes, but it offers sufficient space for a standard litter box.
- The Petsfit Pet House and Cat Litter Box Enclosure is waterproof.
- It is sturdy and long-lasting.
- This litter box enclosure features a front entry with a for easy cleaning.
- Doubles as an excellent end table or a pet house for your cat.
- It is made of quality wood material.
- This enclosure is a compact type. Thus, it can only house a small to medium cat. It cannot accommodate multiple cats.
The design of this enclosure for litter boxes is designed to fit any home design perfectly. Aside from its versatile and stylish facade, its ability to minimize or closely eliminates odor made it a highly recommended piece of litter box furniture.
Best Litter Box Furniture: Buyer’s Guide
Litter Box Furniture Explained
Are you one of those who often ask, “How can I hide my litter box?”? The answer to that is simple: use a piece of litter box furniture.
Litter box furniture, or often referred to as a litter box enclosure, is a piece of furniture that primarily functions to conceal unattractive litter boxes in any home. More often than not, this type of product also performs just as well as a pet house or end table, washroom bench, cabinet, or any other kind of furniture depending on the design.
General Features of a Litter Box Enclosure
Although there are tons of litter box enclosures with different features available today, they all possess the following general qualities:
- The majority of litter box furniture is multi-functional. While these products are mainly used to hide litter pans, cat owners appreciate that they can also be used for other purposes. Depending on the design, a refined litter box furniture also functions as an end table in a living room, a nightstand in a bedroom, or a wood cabinet.
- Most of the available litter box furniture in the market offer multiple color options to suit every cat owner’s style preference. This quality makes these litter box furniture a versatile piece to add in any home.
- Typically, litter box furniture also offers different sizes for cat owners. While most of them are available in standard sizes, which spaciously accommodate standard litter pans, some also provide bigger sizes to fit even the more significant types of litter boxes, including self-cleaning litter boxes.
- The best litter box furniture offers easy access and easy cleaning. These cat furniture are usually available with a front entry door that opens and closes effortlessly, which makes cleaning litter mess a breeze.
- Most types of litter box furniture are sturdy and durable. Most of these products are made of wood or wood-like materials that could withstand a cat’s weight.
- They are easy and quick to assemble. Some litter box furniture requires minimal use of tools; others do not. Assembly instructions are included for this type.
Advantages of Cat Litter Box Furniture
If the general features of cat litter box furniture are not enough to convince you to get one, here are some of their advantages that made them a must-have item in every cat owner’s list.
- Litter box enclosures for our furry friends help add value to our home’s decor. They are designed not just to conceal litter, but also to serve as pieces of furniture.
- These products do the job of concealing away a messy sight of litter very well. Since they come in the form of furniture like a side table, ottoman, pet house, and more, they do not look like the typical pans with exposed litter.
- Not only is litter box furniture great-looking, but they also minimize odor from litter pans. The construction and material of this type of furniture help conceal not just the litter eyesore but the unwanted smell as well.
- They are versatile and multi-functional. These products can be used as pieces of cat furniture, storage for your pet’s accessories, decorative items, and more.
- A piece of cat litter box furniture adds extra decor to your home. Not only are they functional, but most of these items are also stylish.
- Cat litter cabinets offer privacy for your pets. Cats like nothing but privacy when doing their business – and this product gives them just that.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Cat Litter Box Enclosure
An out of sight litter box is a fancy of many cat owners, and luckily there’s a thing called litter box furniture to help them with that. Before getting one for your pet, take note of these factors to ensure that you get the best out of the many available options out there.
Materials and Construction
Perhaps the first thing you should look at in a box enclosure is the materials used. Is it sturdy enough to carry your cat’s weight? Is it quality-made?
Some of the top-selling litter box furniture is made of waterproof materials that help in minimizing unpleasant odors. Those that are not waterproof, like most wood type, absorbs liquid and may require plastic linings, extra mats, or sealants to avoid the accumulation of urine and, subsequently, nasty odor.
Other types are scratch-resistant. So if your pet loves scratching more than anything, then you should at least consider getting this kind of enclosure.
Note that cheap and low-quality made enclosures could easily get damaged or destroyed by your pets.
Like any other products for our beloved feline friends, even cat furniture vary in pricing. Some brands offer expensive models, but other manufacturers offer cheaper alternatives. This factor is subjective and would depend on your budget.
While there are litter pan enclosures that present different sizes, most are available in a single size only. When picking the right furniture for your cat, make sure that it would fit your cat comfortably and its current litter box spaciously.
Size should also be considered if you have a small space to put the furniture. For such cases, compact types are your best option and avoid larger models.
This factor should be considered if you’re picky about what-goes-well-with-what in your decor. Some enclosures have several color options, so you could pick the best that blends well with the rest of the furniture pieces in your home.
Since you will be getting an enclosure specifically for your cat’s usage, it is essential to consider how your pet can access it. Evaluate as well how you can easily access its interior for placing the litter pans, cleaning, and maintenance.
How big should a piece of litter box furniture be?
The size of your cat furniture would much depend on how big your cat is. Your cat must have sufficient space to move around and feel completely comfortable while inside. If you’re unsure which size to get, always pick a bigger size.
Your living room space (or any area in your house where you plan to put the furniture) should also be considered. Pick a size that suits your space well.
Can litter box furniture help eliminate odor from a cat’s litter box?
Yes, it can help minimize odor compared to a regular litter box alone. Some of these boxes even feature odor-absorbing materials that help eliminate any unpleasant smell from the litter. Regardless of product type, regular cleaning would help prevent the build-up of unwanted odor from the box.
How many cats can fit in a litter box enclosure?
Regularly, an enclosure of this type gives ample space for just one cat. Products in bigger sizes can accommodate at least two furry friends, depending on their behavior and training. However, our feline friends are known as territorial creatures that do not like sharing their personal space with others. Hence, it is advisable that every kitty gets its own litter box enclosure.
Can I use a litter box enclosure for other purposes?
Yes. While there are products designed specifically just to conceal litter pans, the best cat pieces of furniture are those that are multi-functional. Aside from hiding away litter boxes, they also work well like regular pieces of furniture. Others function as end tables, nightstands, washroom benches, wood cabinets, storage, drawers, and more.
Other types are designed specifically for multiple purposes. There are products with a double-decker design or with a removable partition that gives users more flexibility in terms of usage.
What type of litter box should I use in an enclosure?
It actually depends on the size of the cat litter furniture that you are getting. Standard sizes usually fit a standard litter pan, but the more significant kind could fit a larger container or an automatic, self-cleaning type.
Do cats like litter a box enclosure?
We all know that a cat can be picky when it comes to where they go to do their business. Liking a box enclosure actually depends on the cat and its behavior. However, generally, a cat can quickly adapt to using a new piece of furniture, especially when it gives privacy. You just have to be sure that your cat is perfectly comfortable.
Where should I put the litter box in my house?
The best place for a litter box is a clean, quiet and low-traffic area where the cat feels it has privacy. Depending on the layout of your house, a quiet corner in a family room or a nook in a spare bedroom might fit the bill.
Feline consumers have to push through the plastic flaps to enter the cramped boxes. Enclosed litter boxes may be perfect for people, but not so much for cats. Felines prefer being safe in an uncovered box so that they can see potential threats and escape them. Covered litter boxes do their job of containing odors.