200+ Badass Cat Names: From the Tough to the Mean And Downright Evil
Saccharine-sweet names probably don’t do it for you nor your kitten. You’ve got one heck of a fighter as a pet, and whether you want to honor your cat’s excellent survival instincts, tough exterior, or plucky attitude, the name has got to match.
Pick your favorite among our list of ideas for awesome badass cat names designed to give any hard-ass kitty a proper moniker.
*Note: Girl cat names are marked with an (f) next to them.
Badass Cat Names – Male
You want something tough as nails to match your cool, badass cat. No problems there. Find his perfect match on this list. Some are modern, some are traditional, but all of them can be the perfect name for your impressive little ball of fur.
Badass Girl Cat Names
A badass name to match a badass cat. Pick your favorite among this list of popular tough chick names, ranging from rock queen to warrior princess.
Gangster Cat Names
From running illegal gambling operations and robbing folks to dealing drugs and plotting murder, most of these infamous gangsters have done them all.
If you’re fascinated about the truly dark world these shady characters live in, a gangster name for your cat might be the best way to show it. Choose from this list of badass cat names taken from the most notorious criminals of all time.
- Al Capone or ‘Scarface’ – the most famous (or infamous) leader of organized crime
- Benjamin Siegel or ‘Bugsy’ – legitimized illegal gambling and helped developed Sin City
- Bonnie Parker (f) – the female robbing half of the Bonnie and Clyde duo
- Carlo Gambino – a Sicilian child crime prodigy
- Charles Luciano – the father of organized crime
- Ellsworth Johnson or ‘Bumpy’ – an infamous gun runner, drug dealer, and criminal mastermind
- Frank Lucas – a heroine dealer who executed people in broad daylight
- George Clarence or ‘Bugsy’ – a sadistic monster and Al Capone’s rival
- Helen Wawrzyniak (f) – wife of ‘Baby Face Nelson’ and his cunning accomplice
- Henry Antrim or ‘Billy the Kid’ – a 19th-century gunman, and horse and cattle rustler
- Jack Diamond or ‘Gentleman Jack’ – a bottlegger and kidnapper
- James Burke or “The Irishman” – head of the Luchesse crime family
- James Coonan or ‘Jimmy C’ – Irish-American mobster
- Jesse James – a bank and train robber said to be like Robin Hood
- John Dillinger – a bank robber and killer
- John Joseph Gotti, Jr. or “The Dapper Don” – killed his way to head the Gambino crime family
- Griselda Blanco (f) or “The Cocaine Grandmother” – ran a cocaine conglomerate in Miami
- Pablo Escobar – a cocaine kingpin
- Stephanie St. Clair or ‘Queenie’ – a powerful crime boss in Harlem
- Vito Genovese – Italian-American mobster who plotted with Lucky Luciano to kill Salvatore Maranzano
Cat Demon Names
Got an extra wilful kitty? Your cat acting a little too tough and maybe just a little bit evil? Well, they didn’t get associated with the supernatural for being too sweet.
If you want a fitting appellation, the best route may be to give it a demon name. Know the super badass names for cats taken from folklore and mythologies all over the world.
- Abbadon – the angel of the abyss or the bottomless pit
- Ahriman – the personification of evil
- Apollyon – the Greek counterpart of Abbadon
- Astaroth – the Duke of Hell
- Azazel – a fallen angel
- Baphomet – a goat-headed idol worshipped by the Knight Templars
- Beelzebub – the Lord of Flies
- Demogorgon – one of the first beings of the underworld
- Emma-O – the Japanese leader of the kings of hell
- Ifrit – a demon associated with the spirits of the dead
- Lilith (f) – a Hebrew devil and supposedly Adam’s first wife
- Ljubi (f) – a multi-headed female water demon
- Krampus – a horned half-goat, half-demon who punishes children
- Mephistopheles – a German demon
- Moloch – a Canaanite god associated with child sacrifice
- Orobas – a great prince of Hell
- Phenex – a great marquis of Hell
- Sammael – an archangel who is also an accuser, seducer, and destroyer
- Vapula (f) – a duchess of Hell with 36 legions of demons under her
- Xaphan – one of the fallen angels who rebelled
Stoner Cat Names
Demonic names too extreme for you? How about a badass name taken after known stoners? Okay, that may sound funny, but you have to admit, stoners have got a certain cool vibe going on plus a determinedly rebellious streak.
Also, quite a lot of them are super talented and famous. So, without further ado, here are the names of some popular and well-known ganja-lovin’ peeps.
- Bob Dylan
- Bob Marley
- Carl Sagan
- Cheech and Chong
- Jay Z
- Jimi Hendrix
- Lady Gaga (f)
- Lil Wayne
- Miley Cyrus (f)
- Rhianna or Rhi Rhi (f)
- Seth Rogen
- Snoop Dogg
- Whoopi Goldberg (f)
- Willie Nelson
- Wiz Khalifa
Did you also know that there are around 1,000 slang names for ganja? Let’s take a look at some of them from this list of badass cat names taken from popular reefer slangs.
- Blow Kitty
- Camberwell Carrot
- Cannabis Kitty
- Clam Bake
- Doobie Cat
- Durban Poison
- Goof Butt
- Hemp Lord
- Loco Weed
- Mary Jane (f)
- Magic Dragon
- Maui Wowie
- Northern Lights
- Pocket Rocket
- Pot Puss
- Purple Haze
- Space Challa
- Tea Head
- Wacky Baccy
Villain Cat Names
Love ‘em or hate ‘em, you have to admit villains make any movie or TV show that much more interesting. Here’s a toast to the great antagonists who kept us glued to our seats (booing like mad) and made heroes work doubly hard to earn their keep.
- Agent Smith – The Matrix
- Anne Wilkes (f) – Misery
- Anton Chigurh – No Country for Old Men
- Balrog – Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Rings
- Bane – The Dark Knight Rises
- Bellatrix Lestrange (f) – Harry Potter franchise
- Ben Linus – Lost
- Bill a.k.a. Snake Charmer – Kill Bill
- Black Jack Randall – Outlander
- Bob – Twin Peaks
- Boba Fett – Star Wars
- Cancer Man – The X-Files
- Catherine Tramell (f) – Basic Instinct
- Catwoman (f)- Batman franchise
- Cersei Lannister (f) – Game of Thrones
- Commodus – Gladiator
- Cruella de Vil (f)- 101 Dalmatians
- Darth Vader – Star Wars franchise
- Dolores Umbridge (f) – Harry Potter franchise
- Elle Driver a.k.a California Mountain Snake (f) – Kill Bill
- Eobard Thawne or Reverse Flash – The Flash
- Frank Costello – The Departed
- Gollum – Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- Grand Moff Tarkin – Star Wars franchise
- Gus Fring – Breaking Bad
- Hannibal Lecter – Silence of the Lambs
- Harley Quinn (f) – Batman franchise
- Hector Barbossa – Pirates of the Caribbean franchise
- Hela (f) – Thor Ragnarok
- Jabba the Hutt – Star Wars Return of the Jedi
- Jack Torrance – The Shining
- Jadis The White Witch –
- Joffrey Baratheon – Game of Thrones
- Joker – The Dark Knight
- Keyser Söze – The Usual Suspects
- Loki – Thor
- Lucretia (f) – Spartacus
- Magneto – X-Men franchise
- Maleficent (f) – Maleficent
- Mystique (f) – X-Men franchise
- O-ren Ishii (f) – Kill Bill
- Palpatine – Star Wars franchise
- Ra's al Ghul – Batman franchise
- Saruman – Lord of the Rings franchise
- Sauron – The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Scar – The Lion King
- Scarecrow – Batman franchise
- Talia al Ghul (f) – The Dark Knight Rises
- T-1000 – Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Thanos – Marvel movie franchises
- The Governor – The Walking Dead
- The Master – Dr. Who
- Two-Face – The Dark Knight Rises
- Tyler Durden – Fight Club
- Ursula – The Little Mermaid
- Vee (f) – Orange is the New Black
- Voldemort – all Harry Potter films
- Warden Norton – The Shawshank Redemption
- Witch-King of Angmar – Lord of the Rings franchise
- Xenomorph – Alien
Evil Cat Names
Okay, let’s move on from badass movie villains to another type of villain. Sneaky, evil cats of TV and film. Now, these kitties are awful.
They lie, they get others in trouble, and they want to rule the world. But kitties being kitties, they’re still so cute, even when they’re being badass and evil. Get your fill of badass cat names from this list of cats filled with pure villainy.
- Azrael – Galgamel’s evil cat in The Smurfs
- Fluffy (f) – She’s foul and nasty, and she’s Angelica’s little kitty in Rugrats
- Lucifer – Cinderella would not be a princess if this black cat had his way
- Mad Cat – Doctor Claw’s fat feline companion
- Mr. Bigglesworth – Dr. Evil’s just-as-evil little sidekick
- Mrs. Norris – Not much can get past this nosy cat and her even nosier master, Filch
- Si and Am – rude, trouble-making, and just plain nasty cats from Lady and The Tramp
- Tinkles – a heinous villain set on world domination
Strong Cat Names
Had enough of names showing cats as being villains or evil? Well, we have some pretty tough badass cat names too, and they’re from perfectly nice (well, we hope) people.
Here are some of the people in history who have, for one reason or another, been given the epithet Strong next to their names. Find your cool cat name here:
- Augustus II the Strong – King of Poland and the Grand Duke of Lithuania
- Leopold the Strong – Margrave of Styria
- Magnus I the Strong – a Danish prince
- Raud the Strong – Norse warrior
- Robert the Strong – Margrave in Neustria
- Sancho VII the Strong – King of Navarre
- Stefan Dusan the Strong – Emperor of Serbia
- Styrbjörn the Strong – a Viking rebel
Famous male badass cat names?
Admiral, ares, ammo, axel, bandit, blaze, beast and bane.
What are some badass girl names?
Angelina, Lilith, Ruby, Luna, Blair, Aella and Lola.
What are strong girl names?
Audrey, Aadya, Adira, Valencia, Rainey, Bree, Adira, Valerie, Valkyrie, & Andrea.
What are powerful names?
Aaron: Hebrew — Enlightened. Aiden: Celtic — The sun god; fiery. Alexander: Greek — Defender of men. Amell: German — Power of an eagle. Amory: German — Leader; divine; brave; powerful. Andrew: Greek — Strong; manly; courageous. Anthony: Latin — Priceless. Asher: Hebrew —Happy or blessed.