215 Food Names For Cats That Your Pet Will Love Answering To
Stumped on what to call your cute little fur ball? Garfield, Oliver, and Simba kind of not doing it for you?
Well, how about naming your cat after food? I mean if you go, “You’re so cute, I could just eat you up” to your kitty, we think a food name is definitely inspired.
Or, you can just give your cat a nickname. If his full name is something like, Martin Luther Kitten, it can be such a mouthful when you’re calling him home for dinner. A short but still unique name inspired by your and your cat’s love of food makes sense.
So without further ado, here is our list of cute food names for cats. We hope you have as much fun selecting your new cat’s name here as we did in listing them down.
Funny Food Names For Cats
An odd little furrball with an abundant feline sense of humor needs an equally funny name. If you want a moniker that reflects your cat’s playful and humorous nature, this Funny Food Cat Names section is just for you.
- Rump Roast
- Mung Bean
- Pork Knuckle
- Fish Ball
- Sticky Buns
- Suckling Pig – this might be even funnier if you name it for a wee, fat kitten
- Lamb Chop
- Goose Liver
How about some funny food cat names that are taken from international cuisine? As funny and weird as these may sound, we swear these are all real food names!
- Witchetty Grub – It’s a large, wood-eating larva of the moth family that aboriginal Aussies eat as a high-protein food.
- Bubble & Squeak – A British fried dish that consists of potatoes and cabbages.
- Bratwurst – A German sausage made from veal, beef, or pork.
- Kumquat – It’s an orange-like fruit from Southeast Asia.
- Century Egg – A preserved egg delicacy common in Asia.
- Bangers & Mash – This is a slang term for a classic British dish composed of sausages and creamy mashed potato served with gravy.
- Clootie Dumpling – A traditional Scottish dessert, it is a steamed pudding made with fruits and spices and usually served with custard.
- Wonton – It’s a type of Chinese dumpling that come in a small parcel.
- Scotch Woodcock – It’s the British again! They just love giving food funny-sounding names. Scotch Woodcock is simply a savory dish of creamy and lightly scrambled eggs served on toast and topped with anchovy paste.
- Wiener Schnitzel – It’s a traditional Austrian fare that translates into “Viennese cutlet” and is made of veal.
- Spaghettini – It’s the thinner version of spaghetti.
- Boba Pearl – These are pearls made of tapioca starch that you usually find in bubble teas.
- Kabob – It’s a cooked meat dish that’s a staple in Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Dim Sum – When literally translated, it means “so close to the heart.” It’s a Chinese dish that is prepared with any kind of floor and finely chopped or diced fillings
- Spotted Dick – If you guessed that it has British origins, then you would be absolutely right. It’s a steamed or baked suet pudding containing dried fruit. The ‘spots’ refer to the currants inside.
Unisex Food Names
If you want to give unisex cat food names, here are some pretty cool options:
- Bean Curd
Female Cat Food Names
While a male cat can be just as sweet as a female, a sweet name just fits female pets so much more. And if your cat is not all that saccharine, maybe giving your pet a sweet moniker may just change that surly disposition.
Get your fill of sweet and sugary female food cat names inspired from dessert classics here:
- Kit Kat
- Tootsie Roll
- Pop Tart
- Kisses – for the chocolate
Fruit names are sweet and cute too! These foods deserve a spot in our list of adorable female names.
- Apple – This can be a human name too. Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter is named Apple.
- Peach or Peaches
Food Names for Male Cats
Candy names may not work on your male cats, so how about giving them stronger-sounding pet names instead. So we present you:
You can also give them fruit names, just like the females. We don’t know, but these cat names below just sound definitely male to us:
- Wolfberry or Wolf, for short
Cat Food Names According To Color
A great name for kitties can also come from something that reflects their coloring. For example, you can give orange cats these names:
The perfect name for pets with cream coloring could be any of these:
- Mashed Potato
- Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Any of these below will be a good name for a white kitty:
- White Bread
Brown cats deserve the perfect moniker too! Here are some naming tips for brown cats:
- Chocolate or Choco
- Tater Tot
- Peanut Butter
And let’s not forget our black or tuxedo cats.
- Black Forest
If you still haven’t found the perfect cat name for your lovely feline, maybe you can take inspiration from the names of spices? Let’s see if these spice-inspired names will fit the bill for your cat with a sassy personality.
Coffee Names For The Coffee Lover
Most of us can’t make it through the day without having coffee first. (Coffee is life!) So how about cat names that have to do with this amazing brew? And just so you won’t get overwhelmed with all the coffee types, we’ve included an explanation too.
- Espresso – This type of coffee is brewed using high pressure to force hot water through finely ground coffee at a fast speed. The result is a rich-tasting coffee topped with creamy foam.
- Mocha – A double shot espresso served with hot chocolate and steamed milk
- Cappuccino – It’s made with one third of each: espresso, hot milk, and steamed milk foam
- Frappe – This iced coffee drink has Greek origins. It’s just coffee blended to a frothy consistency then topped with whipped cream and syrup.
- Macchiato – A small amount of steamed milk is served with an espresso shot.
- Cortado – Another espresso shot but served with an equal amount of steamed milk
- Zorro – A 1:1 ratio of water and a double shot of espresso
- Romano – A simple espresso served with a slice of lime on the side
- Ristretto – A more concentrated form of espresso with
- Galao – It’s an espresso and foamed milk drink with Portuguese origins. It’s served in a tall glass.
- Doppio – Another double shot of espresso served in a small and single-serve cup
- Baileys – This is a wonderful coffee drink composed of coffee and a single shot of Baileys IIrish Cream topped with whipped cream.
- Pharisee – A popular German drink made with a double shot of rhum and black coffee, topped with whipped cream.
- Carajillo – This Spanish coffee involves coffee, of course, and either brandy, rhum, whiskey, or anisette.
- Barraquito – From Tenerife, this coffee is made by mixing espresso, foamed milk, Licor 43, cinnamon, lemon, and condensed sweet milk.
- Melya – Honey and cocoa powder are used to add flavor to coffee.
- Marocchino – A simple coffee made with espresso, milk froth, and cocoa powder
- Borgia – Mocha with orange flavoring, cinnamon, and whipped cream
- Affogato – It’s more dessert than coffee. A shot of espresso is poured on top of a scoop of ice cream.
- Medici – Nope, it’s not Italian. It was invented right here in the USA. Seattle to be precise. It’s base is a doppio that’s poured over an orange peel and chocolate syrup.
- Vienna – Regular coffee or espresso is made richer with whipped or thick cream and finally dusted with soda.
- Eiskaffee – Sounds like ice coffee but German. The only difference is that it has vanilla ice cream in it.
- Freddo – During hot summers, Greeks mix a coffee drink of double shot espresso and sugar. It’s then shaken for about 20 seconds and poured over ice.
- Arabica – This is a coffee bean made from the Coffea arabica plant.
- Robusta – It’s considered as a rival to Arabica but it has a strong, bitter taste and twice the amount of caffeine.
We certainly worked up a thirst listing these coffee names. Wait for us as we grab a cup before going on to the next section of cat food names.
More Ideas Taken From Food
Japanese food names
- Natto – But take a little care that your cat does not do his best to smell like this dish
Mexican Food Names, Anyone?
- Menudo – this is a pork stew
Did you enjoy our selection of food cat names? Have more fun browsing our other lists of kitty names. Find more inspiration from our lists below:
Or search for your favorite name category through this link.